GALACTICA, which aims to demonstrate the viability of new industrial value chains regarding the textile and aerospace sectors based on advanced manufacturing across the EU, announced the registration opening for the first Call for proposals, launched on March 16th, 2021 with a budget of 1.2 M€ to support European SMEs.
The Call for proposals is addressed to the SMEs and start-ups that plan to develop innovative solutions that could be part of cross-sectoral and cross-border value chains in the mentioned sectors by offering them two different funding mechanisms.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
GALACTICA launches their first Call for proposals that consist of two different types of funding instruments, in the form of vouchers that are addressed to SMEs and start-ups with innovative solutions that could be part of cross-sectoral and cross border value chains in the relevant sectors.
- Pioneer Acceleration voucher will explore and support new business models focusing on producing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Orbital Projects voucher will aim to implement prototypes and demonstrators for new value chains while funding the integration of non-technological innovations for speeding up market launch.
The Call has a budget of EUR 1,2 million – from the EU’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program and will fund the SMEs’ involvement in the projects.
The Call was launched on March 16th, 2021, and the interested SMEs can register at https://calls.galacticaproject.eu/
PIONEER ACCELERATION VOUCHER
The main goal of the Pioneer Acceleration projects is to support the exploration of new cross-sectoral value chains feasibility with a focus on developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) as a mechanism for testing and validating the technological innovation concept, connecting two or more of the sectors (aerospace, textile, advanced manufacturing).
The following methods are considered for this voucher:
- The building of the prototype in the form of a Minimum Viable Product,
- Testing of the hypothesis with business measurements and user validation tests that will provide crucial information for learning about the hypothesis validity
- Adjusting the product/service with a dedicated learning process
Twenty projects are expected to be funded with a lump-sum up to 20k€ each voucher for the Pioneer Acceleration.
The interested SMEs or entrepreneurs that wish to submit a project idea can register for this voucher as a sole proposition or within a consortium from the sectors of Aerospace, Textile, Advanced Manufacturing.
ORBITAL PROJECTS VOUCHER
Orbital Projects are GALACTICA’s primary mechanism to support innovative technical demonstrations and integrations in new value chains. Support will focus on developing functional prototypes and their market testing facilitated by integrating non-technological innovations like agile and lean start-up methodologies for speeding up the market match.
Indicative supported activities/ideas for this voucher:
- Technological maturation
- Prototype/system integration design and development, including materials, technical testing, and market testing
Orbital Projects will select up to eight projects and provide lump-sum support up to 100k€ per consortia with a maximum of 58k€ per SME during. Eligible consortia must be composed of at least two SMEs from at least two different sectors.
All the terms and conditions, as well as other information, are available at https://calls.galacticaproject.eu/